The North Aurora Fire Protection District provides fire, EMS and technical rescue services to 16,000 residents in North Aurora and surrounding unincorporated areas. The District is governed by three District Trustees. The membership includes 26 full-time employees and 47 part-time employees
If you are interested in becoming a part-time employee, you must fully complete and return the paid-on-call firefighter application. All part-time employees must work both fire and EMS related tasks. Upon submittal of a completed application, it will be reviewed by the applicant review board. Qualified candidates will be called for an interview. The following requirements must be met for employment:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age.
- Applicants must reside within a 6 mile radius of Station #1 as defined in our residency map.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Applicants must show proof of vehicle insurance coverage.
- Applicants must pass a police background investigation.
- Applicants must attend a mandatory orientation.
Applicants who receive a conditional letter of employment must pass a physical examination as well as a drug and alcohol screening.
Upon employment, all new employees must attend and pass the 17-week Firefighter II Academy and the 14-week Emergency Medical Technician class. Candidates not meeting the requirements of either class will be removed from the program. The new employee probationary period is 1 year.
If you are interested in an exciting part-time career and would like to serve and protect the residents of our community, please download an application and return it to the administrative office at Station #1.