The North Aurora Fire Protection District provides fire, EMS and technical rescue services to over 18,000 residents in North Aurora and surrounding unincorporated areas. The District is governed by five District Trustees. The membership includes 26 full-time employees and 22 part-time employees.
If you are interested in becoming a part-time employee, you must fully complete and return the paid-on-call firefighter application. All part-time employees must work both fire and EMS related tasks. Upon submittal of a completed application, it will be reviewed by the applicant review board. Qualified candidates will be called for an interview. The following requirements must be met for employment:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Applicants must reside as defined in our residency map. Click here for residency map.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Applicants must show proof of vehicle insurance coverage.
- Applicants must pass a police background investigation.
- Applicants must attend a mandatory orientation.
- Applicants who receive a conditional letter of employment must pass a physical examination as well as a drug and alcohol screening.
If you are interested in an exciting part-time career and would like to serve and protect the residents of our community, please inquire at station #1 or call 630-897-9698 ext. 16.