Inquire for Employment
If you are interested in becoming a part-time employee, you must fully complete and return the paid-on-call firefighter application. All part-time employees must work both fire and EMS related tasks. Upon submittal of a completed application, it will be reviewed by the applicant review board. Qualified candidates will be called for an interview. The following requirements must be met for employment:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Applicants must reside as defined in our residency map.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Applicants must pass a police background investigation.
- Applicants must attend a mandatory orientation.
- Applicants who receive a conditional letter of employment must pass a physical examination as well as a drug and alcohol screening.
If you are interested in an exciting part-time career and would like to serve and protect the residents of our community, please inquire at station #1 or call 630-897-9698 ext. 16.