Inquire for Employment
If you are interested in becoming a part-time employee, you must fully complete and return the paid-on-call firefighter application. All part-time employees must work both fire and EMS related tasks. Upon submittal of a completed application, it will be reviewed by the applicant review board. Qualified candidates will be called for an interview. The following requirements must be met for employment:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Applicants must reside as defined in our residency map.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Applicants must pass a police background investigation.
- Applicants must attend a mandatory orientation.
- Applicants who receive a conditional letter of employment must pass a physical examination as well as a drug and alcohol screening.
If you are interested in an exciting part-time career and would like to serve and protect the residents of our community, please inquire at station #1 or call 630-897-9698 ext. 16.
The cadet program enables anyone between the ages of 17-20 to better understand the firefighting career through an experience that balances both classroom and hands on learning. Our mission is to instill in each cadet mental and physical wellness, personal growth, responsibility, leadership, teamwork, and fire prevention skills that the cadets can take into their community, school, and home.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 20 to apply
- Maintain a high school grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale or equivalent, have graduated from an accredited high school or have a GED
- Posses a valid State of Illinois class D drivers license
- Reside within the set boundaries
For questions regarding the cadet program please reach out to Firefighter/Paramedic Matthew Kahle [email protected]
**Upon successful completion of program and assessment of abilities, cadets may be eligible for paid tuition of Basic Operations Firefighter, EMT, and additional courses and training opportunities**